tropical inspired designer watercolour art
About the Design, Fine Art Painting Materials and Reproduction Process
The original painting is designed and hand painted for Kahuna Bay using the best watercolours and premium professional colours by Windsor and Newton, watercolour pencils and charcoal as well as standard pencil.
Susie paints the originals on wonderful quality 100% cotton mould made watercolour paper.
Windsor and Newton watercolours were introduced in the 1830's.
French or Italian papers by Arches or Artistico is what Susie loves to work with, and is what the reproduction designs are photographed from.
The paintings are then professionally photographed and prepared locally for fine art reproduction in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.
The fine art reproductions are of Susie's original work, on premium archival paper and/or canvas is designed to last 100 years. The exception to this is our hotel and commercial range designed to last 30 years.
Standard Reproduction Sizes and Price
Our standard reproduction designs are printed on Cotton Rag paper, standard sizes and prices are as follows:
- A4 - 22.5 x 32 cm $71.44
- A3 - 30 x 42.9 cm $129.88
- A2 - 42 x 60 cm $232.85
These sizes are approximate and can vary depending if your design is printed for a vertical or horizontal layout. The designs may also be printed with a border, therefore we don't recommend preparing your frame until you receive your reproduction print. Sometimes, due to the border in the print, you'll need to "trim" your reproduction if you want it to work in an "off the shelf" frame. We always recommend professional framing.
Arthouse Reproductions in Brisbane, Queensland Australia represents our reproduction designs and can work with you to customise your sizing requirements or large commerical and design orders as well as assist you if you'd like one of our designs on canvas rather that cotton paper.
Fine Art Cotton Rag Reproductions
- Often called Cotton Rag Paper, is not paper at all, but is in fact very fine cotton fibres woven into a paper-like product
- Cotton Rag is the media of choice due to it's archival qualities and similarities to the paper artists paint on
- We offer several Cotton Rags - each is chosen by the artist to best represent the original work - All are of the highest quality
- Our Cotton Rags are all around 300-320gsm
- Printed with Canon Lucia EX Pigment inks - long lasting, archival - tested to last 80-100 years
- Fine art Cotton Rag Reproductions should be framed behind glass, using a matte to separate them from the glass
- Consult your local framer for the best way to frame your work
- Most of our Cotton Rag Reproductions will arrive rolled depending on size
- If you require a larger custom size, please enquire directly with ArtHouse Reproductions
Reproduction Order Time and Shipping Time
- Our reproductions are made to order in Brisbane, Australia
- Please allow 7 business days for production
- Allow an additional 5-15 business days for shipping, depending on location and country of destination
- All reproductions are shipped in a cylinder or flat pack depending on size
- All reproductions from Kahuna Bay are on paper or canvas
- Paper needs to be professionally framed under glass, using a matt for protection
- Our reproduction canvas is unstretched (ordered direct from ArtHouse Reproductions only)
- Orders outside Australia may incur local customs tax and the buyer is responsible for local tax
We'd love to help you. Please contact us below with your questions.
Kahuna Bay x